Today i went to a dialogue entitled Interfaith Dialogue: Concept of God in Sacred Scripture, here in UIA Kuantan. It was organized by all the students society of the campus and it was attended not only by our students, but many outsiders also came to the program.
In the morning session, we had a dialogue by speakers which represents each major religions in Malaysia, which are Islam - Mr Shah Kirit Kalkulal Govindji, Hindu - Mr. Rajagopal, Bhuddism - Mr. Michael Kok, and Christianity - Reverend Eugene Benedict; and for the evening session we had a Q&A session about Islam with the Muslim speaker, Mr. Shah Kirit.
Overall, the program was excellent and I got many input about the concept of God in other religions, including in Islam. However, I didn't get much input from the evening session cuz I'm very-very-very sleepy (not only sleepy but I slept for half of the session), huhu.. All in all, what I can say from the dialogue is that all religions believe in only one God. Never mind the different names that they might have but they actually believe in only one God.
Another thing that I like about the program is that it does not involve only Muslims spectators but other people with different races and religions were also there. I really like the fact that all people of different races and faiths were able to gather in one place at one time during the dialogue. It shows the unity of us as Malaysians who live in peace despite the differences in our faiths. (Really proud to be a Malaysian.. :P)
p/s: I am too tired right now. I had to wake up early for that program cuz the registration started on 8am. and as a result, i am sooo sleepy during the program, huhu.. I just came back about an hour ago and after this I want to sleep jap.. (but not now sbb x baik tdo time dekat2 Maghrib camni, kan..)
No comments:
Post a Comment