Today, another group finished their journey. And I was touched by their emotions when they came to say goodbye.
No gifts or celebrations this time, but the way they express their appreciation and gratitude touches me more than the previous groups. I could feel their emotions clearly.
It is undeniable that amongst all, they are the closest ones to me. And maybe I'm also the closest one to them as well.
We started our journeys together at that time, me as the teacher and they as the students. And I am the only one here who actually sees them 'growing up' and be with them till the end, so that could make me a 'favorite teacher'.
I also personally love them more than the others. Well, it's hard to be equally fair when it comes to feelings, ain't it?
But I have never actually hoped for anything from them in return, because I really don't think I deserve to be appreciated.
In fact, I've never thought that anybody would ever like me, considering how bad I am with people. For me, to be liked or loved by somebody is something beyond possibility.
But I was wrong, it seems. There are some people who really loves me, regardless of who, or how I am.
Thank you.

The only gift I got today
Syukur ya Allah..
No comments:
Post a Comment