ruang peribadi tempat meluah rasa, pendapat dan fikiran tentang apa saja. sama sekali bukan tempat yang boleh menjadi rujukan atau sumber maklumat yang boleh dipercayai.
HARAP MAKLUM.
.................................................
".....raihlah apa yg bermanfaat bagimu, minta tolonglah kepada Allah, dan jangan bersikap lemah....."

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Muhasabah (episod 102)

I have a colleague. A Christian Indian guy. In my view, he's quite a good Christian. A practicing and religious one. I am saying this after a few years working in the same office with him, during which I managed to observe some of his habits.

Every morning, before starting off with work, he'd sit in silence for a moment, praying or doing some 'tafakur'. At times, he'll mutter out the name of his God (Jesus). And I frequently saw him bring this small book, which from my observation, could be a Bible, which he would open and read whenever he has the time.

From these actions, I could tell that he's so close to his god and his religion.

I am not writing this to talk about my view on any religion, neither do I am going to say what he does is right or wrong. But I am writing this because of my admiration and respect on his commitment on his religion.

Whenever I see his deeds, I am reminded of a saying (can't remember whether it's a hadith or just an advice from elders), which means something like this  (pardon me if I am wrong. and please refer to experts for details.):
"We have to balance our worldly matters with our religious deeds, and we have to pursue both in our life."

These make me think, "how many Muslims out there is doing these kind of things?" I mean, how many of our typical Muslims are able of being close to Allah?

Well, maybe some of us does, but how many of us are actually reminded of Allah when we are engaging with our worldly affairs?

I myself have to admit that I could not. Well, I do have the Qur'an apps in my phone, which I bring everywhere, but I've never even opened it once at my workplace, even while waiting for meetings, etc.

And so, how are we going to say that we equally divide our life for both the worldly and hereafter? It's a shame to admit, but most of us, though not all, are definitely spending most of our time in our life for worldly matters.

So guys, let's think this. Where's our time for Allah? Is it only during prayer times? Even so, are we really being punctual with Him at all times? Or we just take our prayers (solah) for granted?

Out of our 24 hours of a day, how much time do we actually spend for Him? Our beloved Creator, whom we should love more than anything in the world.

*penat seh menulis dalam english
dah lama tak tulis essay*

2 comments:

mr x said...

i don tink so, if he realy read bible properly and folo the bible he is a muslim now.. hehe.

amcm ok x english? hek2.

Firhan A. said...

yes,indeed..he would be a very good Muslim, and might be even better than us now, if and only if he studies the bible in details, wouldn't he?

but i don't think he studied it in details. just like us who recite the Qur'an without really grasping the meanings. kan??

by the way, ur english is really excellent, mr x..hehe.